Simplest dish I ever learnt and it can be tweaked to turn into another dish!
Ingredients (serves 2 pax)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- 3 eggs
- 1 inch knob of ginger, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp Seasame oil
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add diced ginger and fry till just before golden brown.
- Add tomtatoes and fry till soft. Put it to one side of the wok.
- Reduce heat. Pour in the eggs and stir the eggs.
- Drizzle the light soy sauce at the side of the wok to let it flow down into the centre. (This is to add wok-hei to the dish).
- When the eggs are beginning to coagulate, mix in the tomatoes (from the side) and stir. Be careful not to overcook the egg as this dish tastes better when eggs and tomatoes are slightly on the wet side.
- Serve with rice.