Tomatoes and Eggs Udon Soup
This dish is an extension from Simple Stir-Fry Tomatoes and Eggs.
Ingredients (serves 2 pax)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- 3 eggs
- 1 inch knob of ginger, finely diced
- Few pieces of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Seasame oil
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 700ml Soup Stock
- 2 pieces of Udon noodles (I use Sakura brand)
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add diced ginger and fry till just before golden brown.
- Add tomtatoes and fry till soft. Put it to one side of the wok.
- Reduce heat. Pour in the eggs and stir the eggs.
- Drizzle the light soy sauce at the side of the wok to let it flow down into the centre. (This is to add wok-hei to the dish).
- When the eggs are beginning to coagulate, mix in the tomatoes (from the side) and stir.
- Add in soup stock and shiitake mushrooms.
- Add Udon in and cook as per package instructions when the soup has boiled.
- Serve hot.
Leave a comment